I don’t know about you, but around March or April, it was hard to hold my first grader’s attention. I knew I needed to up my game. I’ve heard about Boom Learning, so I thought I’d give them a try. Once I did, I was hooked. So what are boom cards?
This Boom Cards Tutorial is the first of eight blogs: at the end of this article, I’m going to link to all the rest of the helpful tips about Boom Learning. You’ll have everything at your fingertips to use this website for your students!
What Are Boom Cards?
Boom Learning is a platform that has been around for awhile, but only recently has been mainstream due to virtual learning. They are so much fun – my students loved them!
What are Boom Cards and Boom Decks? The first thing that confused me was the difference between a “Boom Deck” and “Boom Cards”. Think about a deck of cards. The deck is the set of many cards. So a deck is the activity made up of several cards.
How Do Boom Cards Work?
As a teacher, you will love how interactive Boom Learning is for your students. This goes beyond just a simple flashcard. Boom cards can incorporate:
- Yes/No Questiosn
- Multiple Choice
- Fill In The Blank
- Drag And Drop
- And More!
Each Boom Card is self-checking, so your students will know right away if they got the right answer.
What Are Boom Card Reports?
Each of the Boom Learning activities will generate a report for your students. You can pull up how well your students did on their Boom Decks. You’ll also see:
- How many times they played the Boom Decks.
- How many cards were answered correctly the first time.
- The time it took to complete the cards.
- An average score of how many cards were answered correctly.
- A percentage of their best answers and recent answers.
This is really great information for your classroom or even parent teacher conferences.
How To Use Boom Cards
To learn more about how to use this website, check out these helpful articles:
- Types Of Boom Card Memberships – coming June 22, 2021
- Creating A Boom Card Account – coming June 29, 2021
- Walkthrough Of The Boom Learning Website – coming July 6, 2021
- Purchasing Cards – coming July 13, 2021
- Assigning Boom Decks To Your Students – coming July 20, 2021
- Boom Cards Google Classroom Tutorial – Available Now!
- Using Boom Learning With Seesaw – Available Now!
- Analyzing Boom Learning Reports – coming August 10, 2021
P.S. If you also use Seesaw, but your students need help learning how to use the website, send them on a scavenger hunt to show them how to use all the Seesaw tools!