Use this Diagraph Fly Swatter Game to make your spelling lessons interactive and fun by projecting these slides onto the board. Students hit the correct spelling of the word with a flyswatter (not included). Can be adapted for small groups by printing out the pictures.
Each slide has three spellings of the word.
The incorrect spellings are off by one letter or sound so students concentrate on finding the phonics skill.
- ch: chin, chick, chair, chain
- kn: knee, knife, knot, knit
- ph: phone
- sh: shark, shirt, shell, sheep
- th: three
- wh: whale, wheel
ch ending: beach, couch, bench, torch
- ck endng: truck, duck, block, sock
- sh ending: fish, brush, trash, flash
- th ending: moth, bath, math, tooth